Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Apollo tank oil lines and sand which plate in/out

jody391

Morning, I have no issues with the engine or oil pressure, but I want to address a slight kink in my K series appollo tank oil lines that bothers me.

Before I buy new lines or make my own could anyone help to see if there is any installation tweaks/changes that have been found to allow a better routing of the bottom tank oil line?

I may buy some line and fittings and add a 180 on the bottom line but just wanted to check if anyone has any other ideas?

Jody.

IMG_3391.thumb.PNG.dd3a020b69ab7b1113517f93ac8573b4.PNG

I think your routing of the shorter hose is about right, although the hoses do look rather too close to the crank pulley.  It's inevitable there'll be a tight turn in the short hose before they both pass through the loop of the alternator belt.

There are some useful pics here.  Also, after I fitted an Apollo to my old 1.8K S3 way back in 2001, I wrote a light-hearted piece for LF which may help.   (In those days, the Apollo was often, and incorrectly, called an anti-cavitation tank!)

JV

Same as the CC indicator switch. Take existing wire off the gauge and connect to one side pin of the  switch. Run a cable from centre pin of switch to gauge. Run new cable from oil temperature sender to the other side pin of the switch. Job done.