Click here if you are having website access problems ×

620 ZZS tyres

HeMan

I need a full set of new tyres, ideally ZZS 195/50R15, for my 620S, but I have been running around all day trying to find a set (or any!).

I know Avon is shutting up shop in the UK, but I was under the impression that wasn't until later this year...

Does anyone know where you can get them from (In the Guildford - Reading area)?

Or failing that, what is everyone else moving to? R888 (although my tyre place tells me they can't get them as they are not a registered motor-sport place of some such)?

Thanks.

Just a quick update...

It was Caterham's new dealer (HWM) who said they didn't have enough in stock at the moment (only 2), but I guess they may not be hooked up to the full Caterham stock yet...  So I called Avon direct with the number in the member offers section and spoke to sales, who said the tyre was not available!  I even asked if their motorsport division might have it and was told the computer says no!

But out of desperation I called their motorsport division myself and sure enough, they do have stock *smile*

So, the take-home from this is ask specifically for their motorsport department, not sales!

And it appears they can only sell the tyres to motorsport fitters (he mentioned BMTR in Birmingham and another I didn't catch the name of near Bath, so there are not many it seems!) otherwise they will ship them direct to you and you can take them to your fitter of choice...