Click here if you are having website access problems ×

webber duratec

gavingraysonr300

I looked at that car and the MOT history is interesting, including an advisory on not needing an emissions test.  This only applies to amateur builds pre SVA (1998).  The car just doesn't add up to me. I can't see how it's on the road without some very friendly MOT testers.  I would say buyer beware. 

• Leadership Team

I'm not sure a car could have easily been road registered with carbs in 2007 so there's possibly quite a lot that's been changed? An injection tank is different to a carb tank so a thorough inspection would be needed if there's an intention to swap to a plenum or TBs. As said, buyer beware.

In 2007 you would have needed a cat to register as built from all new parts.  This is the only way an 07 plate can be assigned.  At the time you could pass SVA with an older engine and therefore an older emissions standard, but that would have been a Q plate or older registration mark if the engine was new old stock.  Also at that time Caterham wasn't supplying starter kits. 
Finally the K&N filters are early 90s style with the single screw, another clue that everything is not all it seems. 
Regardless buyer beware, It doesn't add up for me.  

• Area Representative

Strange almost 'Chimera' set up. Should be either a standard Plenumb or RBTB on a Duratec. Definitely a must on a modern engine to pass the MoT emission test.

Must also have a very different ECU or a totally rejigged MBE ? The MPG must be horrific ?

Caveat emptor.......