Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Avon Tyres for 2024

Graham Howard

As we all know Avon will not be manufacturing tyres in the UK when their factory closes later this year.

I asked MSUK if Avons would still be on their  tyre lists after this year, this was the reply.....

"Yes, the currently listed Avon tyres will remain listed for a number of years to enable competitors to use existing stocks."

Sounds like good news, we can all use up our ZZS's.

Thanks Graham, that's really good news as mine definitely have another season in them and I can do without the extra expense. You couldn't get MSUK to extend the helmet dates could you? That would also be very welcome.  *rofl*

Just out of interest (I am not going to act on it) does anyone know what the alternative list 1b tyres would be?

I asked Caterham about Avon availability at the club brooklands event. I missed Bob the CEO sadly...

Their response was more or less as per the press reports in Autocar, motorsport etc. No one from Avon/Goodyear/Cooper has actually said production IS stopping. Just that the UK factory is likely/will close and the staff are all going through HR process.

There is still hope that the existing range will continue to be made elsewhere. Caterham are as keen as the rest of us for an answer and said they're looking and testing alternatives for road and competition use...

I for one would certainly like to continue with my ZZS 13x8 and 13x6 mix...and would like to see the academy tyre and ZZR continue too... I know I'm not alone!