Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Technical question

A hasty trawl through the available tomes gives us three possible Foo-Foo valves.

1) The mythical organ that you can break if you get very annoyed (very much like laughing so much you might break your "farting string").

"Calm down mate, you'll blow your fu-fu valve"

2) The valve that stops you weeing yourself

3) Something to connect radiator pipes together

Thanks Noger.

Reason for the question is that, at the weekend, a friend said that, when trying to put his racing competitors off, he claims to have a twin foo-foo valve fitted to his car. He assured me that it exists. However, as I'm not very technical, I had no idea if he was just winding me up. I was a bit nervous of posting this on the Tech forum, for fear of being laughed off the stage - hence the question to friendly bikeshedders.

On the basis that one exists, I have now decided that I must have one, as I want to be able to say that I have a foo-foo valve fitted to my car - even if all I do is tape it to my rollcage! So does anyone have any idea where I could get one?

By the way, Noger, apologies for my posting on the 'Congestion charge for foreigners' thread upstairs - I just couldn't resist posting something. The art of irony would appear to be on the way out ...

Pat and his not quite black and white cat