Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sigma airbox movement

Andrew Bennett

How much should the airbox move on a Sigma supersport (the one with the cold air intake)? I noticed a rattle on mine when accelerating which i think was the airbox vibrating against the battery retention bracket and bulkhead. I have put rubber between it and the battery & bulkhead which has deadened the noise but wondered if it should be moving as much as it does. It is mounted on three rubber bungs which flex quite a lot.  TADTS? 

My Sigma 140 SuperSport has adhesive foam on the bulkhead directly behind the airbox seam. Maybe a previous owner had the same issue you. I imagine the airbox is designed to move a little to allow for engine movement. Mine certainly wobbles around under light hand pressure. 

Absolutely, here you go

Ramair foam air filter with a 70mm OD aluminium velocity stack neck - £38 new on eBay. Not the filter with the silicone base. 

45 degree bend silicone hose with a 70mm ID - £20 from Forge Motorsport.

Plus 2 stainless jubilee clips and foam air filter oil, around £13 all in I think. 

Silicone hose needs about 4" trimmed off the throttle body end. I cut this parallel to the original cut. Clears the bonnet perfectly and sits right next to the bonnet cut out.  

• 1 month later...