Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Horn button

Alan Reeves

My horn has basically stopped working , it has but very intermittently 

i need to get at the back of it , can anyone tell me how it comes out ? it feels like the front might be screwed to the back sandwiching the actual dash ?

any other thoughts always welcome

Ta 

Is this the little black button behind the steering wheel ? Not sure what vintage you have. From memory when I removed mine I held the switch body and turned the outer bezel with pliers then fingers. Or hold the bezel and turn the switch body to release it, then unscrew the bezel. Disconnect battery to avoid shorting.

sorry JK, its the little black button ( like the red starter button) on the right side of the dash behind

the steering wheel 

25, it needs little fingers and a strong back to lean over fiddling, i have neither but i know a Doc who does....

ta for inputs

alan

Alan,

Just experienced the very same with my horn (MoT on Monday *rolleyes* ). After checking switch, relay and borrowing a horn (similar to the above snail horn) from a neighbour's MGB I've proved that the horns have simply given up the ghost, they were 17 years old, so I've bought some from Amazon for delivery Saturday.