Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Source for heater replacement (1999 K-series)

JP

The plastic heater housing has become brittle and cracked where the screws pass through to mount it to the horizontal part of the bulkhead.  I've contacted Clayton and the only heater parts they can supply are the blower and matrix. 

Can anyone point me in the direction of a supplier for the plastic surround, or offer any fixes, please?

I'm thinking of mounting using the top screws only (that part of the housing is intact) and then running some silicone sealant around the foam strips on the underside footwell vents of the heater and hoping that the 2 screws and the sealant will adequately hold the heater in place?

I've pondered this as there has been a few 'wanted' posts over the years due to cracking.

I think the options are limited - either fabricate a new case out of ally or swap to the later type of heater.

Maybe fabricating some metal brackets to fix into the casing and attach to the normal fixing points, however, I expect all the plastic has gone brittle.

There was a later type heater on ebay recently being sold by a breaker so seemed a tad expensive!

Ian

Thanks.  There is a later style heater on the Caterham parts site, described as for all models, but then it also says for >2014.  It looks nothing like mine...

Are the plastic parts just bonded together?  There are what look like large flat rivet heads, but no screws / bolts holding the parts together?

Thanks #4.  I may take you up on that...I'll have a go at refitting mine first, perhaps with silicone and an arrangement of cable ties across the lower front edge or similar first before I trouble you.