Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CHEAP caterhams?

Phil w

I have always been interested in Caterhams , and I would really, really like to own one BUT,I am a financialy challenged 17 year old student. I already have a car but i really want a Caterham. Does anyone anywhere know where I can get a really cheap one from? I'm not worried if it has a few bits missing, or if it is rough, the only thing that matters is the price being LOW!!

Help! Anyone? Thanks, Phil w

cheapest Caterham would be around 7-8k 😳.. they dont realy get any cheaper than that unless they are damaged or not road worthy..

I suspect that this is a bit out of your price range..

Your prob better off having a look at either Westfields.. can start as low as 3-4k for a poor condition 2ltr SE *confused* in need of some TLC.. but most 'drivable' westfields can start around the 5k

or better bet maybe better value for money would be a Sylva based car, very good kits..

www.fishersportscars.co.uk .. the Fury is a V good car IMO

www.sylva.co.uk .. the designer of the Fury n other V good kit cars (links here to other Sylva cars makers)

stay away from Robin Hoods and locUst though (IMHO)..

The loCOST (NOT locUst) is just a Westfield clone with ali pannels, but build quality can variy alot

www.mkengineering.co.uk www.stuart-taylor.co.uk .. both in the loCOST business.. good companys that make good cars..

checkout www.findit.co.uk in the caterham / Westfield or Kitcar sections

no conenction to any of the above, just passing on what Iv read elsewhere.. this place is a bit horse blinkered to the '1 brand and only 1 brand'.. (with a few notable exceptions) 😬, if you want advice on other branks join up to www.se7ens.net 'se7ens' mailing list n ask on there, loads of different owners on there

Chris

Now, Beakie, we'll just flip this switch and 60,000 refreshing volts of electricity will surge through your body. Ready?..

See my CAR here