Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Headlights do you need them for the sprints?

rgrigsby

The supplementary event regs state Classes 1-5 are to be road legal cars and therefore section L 10.8.2 of the current Blue Book applies and so lighting equipment is required. The presence of any lighting eqipment is then subject to the MOT requirements.

Class 6 however does not require lights *smile*

but usually requires a MSA vehicle log book....

HTH

Lawrence

Rob

Unfortunately you do, as Lawrence has already pointed out cars in 1 -5 need to meet MOT regs and the scrutineer will look for this. You can however fit smaller headlamps!

Graham

*confused* Competition Secretary *confused*

*cool* Lydden, Curborough, MIRA, Llandow, Loton Park, Curborough, Aintree...What more can you ask for? *cool*

You can get an MOT with no lights fitted provided you don't use the car at night or in periods of reduced visibility. If you do then the MOT station will mark the MOT with a note saying that it's not to be used as such. See

http://www.motuk.co.uk/

Whether you'd get away with running a car at a sprint with no lights when your MOT doesn't contain the above phrase is more doubtful. I guess you could get an MOT with them on, take them off and get an MOT without, then put them back for road use and take them off for a sprint. I bet the first person to do this will prompt a new rule in the blue book othwerwise everyone will have to do it.

Looks like I need to fit some plug connectors so I can take them of for the afternoons racing but leave them on for the morning!! (I've already got smaller headlamps...)

Guess I better also stick the number plate on the front as well 😬

I'm going to remove the passenger seat, spare wheel carrier and fit the petty strut. Thinking about it I need to come up with a way of mounting the number plate on the back of the car without the spare wheel carrier.. hmmm hello velcro I think.

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

Edited by - rgrigsby on 8 Apr 2003 16:42:27

You could do a PC

mount the number plate on the wing under the rear light cluster, making sure you have cut a hole in the light casing underneath so when the lights are on the plate is lit up, hey presto

you will need a sqaureish plate tho

saves 4 grams as well *smile*

rob