Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oil Temperature

AlastairA

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having followed this discussion with interest, I think I will fit the necessary switch to allow me to toggle the gauge between water and oil temperature. I have the oil sender wired into the loom already.

Does anyone have the details of the loom wiring behind the dash on a 420 to allow me to complete the mod?

"CC doesn't market it is a rccr for the road. I'm saying that it is closer to one than most other cars marketed as such. Unfortunately, it's up to potential buyers to understand what they're getting. Many 420R buyers would probably be better off with a 360S."

Maybe but many 420R buyers have probably bought exactly what they want and should be able to expect it to work properly in the environment that it's been marketed and bought for. 

I think you're missing the point that the 420R has been available in basically it's current form for many years and the current issues that many experience have been certainly made much worse, if not outright created, by CC's hamfisted 'development'. 

My R400 is more powerful and more track focussed than a standard 420R, though just as supplied by CC other than a proper LSD. It has the 'old' cooling system. It runs perfectly well both on road and track. 

I would not attempt to connect into the loom behind the dash.  I ran two extra cables through the bulkhead.  The existing cables are very thin diameter and there is not a lot of length to work with.  I certainly could not have got arms and head under the dash to see what I was doing.  I did not want to run the cables with the main loom up the centre of the transmission tunnel above the bell housing.  For present I have fitted a bulkhead gland (on passenger side of the bulkhead) and run the cables through that.  Also have the cables for the 12v DIN plug and USB socket/voltmeter running through same fitting.  At a later point I may fit a proper bulkhead connector which can be unplugged.

Could put some pictures up tomorrow possibly but currently car is in garage under its cover.

Colin