Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

K Series alternator (SLR)

Sandy

Morning All,

I'm chewing over buying a new alternator for my '01 Superlight R as mine is still the original item so its (cough) over-due.

I like the sound of the WOSP lightweight race version and Elise parts offer a 100A one for circa £280

https://www.eliseparts.com/shop/engine-components/alternators-starter-motors/rover-k-series-100a-race-alternator/

Anyone know if this is compatible / plug and play or any other suggestions / recommendations please?

I searched on here and saw someone had some issues with a similar Denso unit but cant find anything else?

Ta *wink*

On compatibility I recommend checking both the mechanical mounting (and spacers if needed) and the layout of the electrical terminals. 

There are a few common layouts of terminals. Fettling existing cables and connectors wouldn't be an enormous problem but is probably avoidable. Previous recorded issues include the energising connection (if needed), and the charging warning lamp.

I would check that the warning lamp is working properly before changing anything.

As above, having the existing alternator overhauled would avoid both of those potential compatibility problems.

Please let me know if you'd like the wiring diagram for your Seven.

Jonathan