Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fitting Jenvey dth throttle bodies to 1.8 K series help

Frankiedoodle

Hi all, I have recently acquired a set of Jenvey dth 42mm throttle bodies inc injectors and adjustable trumpets and air box that came off a K series, but looking at the current set up there seem to be more electrical connectors and hoses than there are connections on the new unit!
I'm a bit stuck on how to approach this as my previous seven was non injection and I have little idea about the newer set ups. Any advice from anyone who may have done this upgrade would be welcome. Thanks

• Leadership Team

Importantly, are you changing the ECU?

Stu.

Edited to add ... the plug for the IACV will no longer be needed, tie it out of the way.  There'll be a plug for the inlet air temperature sensor, from memory it's green, you'll likely need the sensor to be mounted in the air filter backplate.

Injector connector as before, throttle position sensor needs to be on the end of the butterfly spindle and plugged in with the black plug from the old throttle body. All plugs are different so it shouldn't be possible to get any mixed up.

You do need a different ecu/map though.

The Mems will not run the engine that well, engine load sensing on the Mems is via MAP (manifold absolute pressure), this requires a vacuum signal from the inlet manifold which is not easy to arrange on the Jenveys, also the IACV is an integral part of the Mems strategy and this is not used on the Jenveys as there is nowhere convenient to plumb it.. With TBs you really need an ECU that uses Alpha-N load sensing (via the throttle position sensor), I would bite the bullet and get an Emerald, it'll save you some aggro. I have a number of maps that would suit your engine.

/Oily