Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Lydden 12th April.....anyone heard anthing else

Silver 21

Hi All

Has any one had any further communication from Lydden, its only a week away and nothing *confused* *confused*.

Does anyone know if you can camp at Lydden and if so is anyone else doing it?

Graham

*confused* Competition Secretary *confused*

*cool* Lydden, Curborough, MIRA, Llandow, Loton Park, Curborough, Aintree...What more can you ask for? *cool*

Hi

I contacted Gary last night and he has sent me a list of who is competing on Saturday and the final regs so if anyone wants this info contact me via email and I'll forward it on,

Graham

*cool* Lydden, Curborough, MIRA, Llandow, Loton Park, Curborough, Aintree...What more can you ask for? *cool*

'AEMC' = Association of Eastern Motor Clubs 😬

By the way just had an email from Gary and YES you can camp at Lydden, is anyone else up for this on Friday night?, Mr Margel?

By the way heres the luck people who got in, looking at the other entries we have by far the biggest class on the day 😬 😬

46 Colin Haseltine Caterham 7 Supersport 1600cc 6

47 Stephen Herring Caterham 7 1600cc 6

48 Robert Herring Caterham 7 1600cc 6

49 Jonathan Grantham Caterham 7 Roadsport 1600cc 6

51 James Fletcher Caterham 7 2000cc 6

52 Gavin Craig Caterham 7 1797cc 6

53 Peter Carmichael Caterham Superlight 1588cc 6

54 Mike Bees Caterham 7 1688cc 6

55 Michael Sankey Caterham Supersprint 1700cc 6

56 Guy Rossler Caterham 7 1600cc 6

57 Simon Rogers Caterham 7 SLR 1800cc 6

58 Jonathan Raine Caterham 7 1800cc 6

59 Allen Payne Caterham 7 1400cc 6

61 Richard Ormson Caterham 7 1588cc 6

62 Richard Margel Caterham Superlight 1600cc 6

63 Andrew Macswan Caterham Superlight R 1800cc 6

64 Graham Lyall Caterham 7 1700cc 6

65 David Lentell Caterham Superseven 1400cc 6

66 Ian Keen Caterham 7 1700cc 6

67 Graham Howard Caterham 7 1700cc 6

68 Edward Holland Caterham 7 1800cc 6

69 Gordon Hodgkinson Caterham 7 1600cc 6

70 Kaspar McFarlane Caterham Classic SE 1700cc 6

701 Dave McFarlane Caterham Classic SE 1700cc 6

72 Matthew Jenkins Caterham 7 1598cc 6

721 Andrew Jenkins Caterham 7 1598cc 6

74 Graeme Smith Caterham 7 1600cc 6

75 Robert Grigsby Caterham 7 1800cc 6

76 Paul Marriott Caterham 7 1800cc 6

Graham

Association of Eastern Motor Clubs - see here

I'm defending (or at least hoping to) a class title this year.

I spoke with Gary from TWMC re Lydden and he's moved me to class C7. I was hoping I could be eligible for both the L7C and AEMC championships at the one event (look at the FI's, it's a common thing to be eligible for mutiple championships at one event) but it looks as if because we are running in a separate class that's not going to be possible. So I've plumped for the title I'm defending.

I'll obviously see all you chaps there but will be running a little earlier in the order than you all! Now number 20.

Guy

NN 😳

Lotus @ Herts

Graeme

If I get a chance later I will try and break it down by class, the difficulty is that I'm not sure which class everyone is in as some didn't include it on their championship registration, so I may have to check on Saturday.

There will not be specific trophies at Invited Club status meetings due to the limited number of people likely to compete at these events.

I can tell you that there are 5 contenders in Class 1 out on Saturday, Yourself, Gordon, Young Herring & Matthew & Andrew Jenkins

Graham

Guy - you *should* be able to score points in both championships. It's not uncommon for an event to include competitors from multiple championships with different class structures. In those cases whoever collates the results for the championship uses the recorded times to sort out where you would have finished with respect to the championship class structure.

Mike

Graham - thanks for this - got confirmation in the post last night, even though they got my name wrong *confused*

re camping - I will get back to you on that, it sounds like a good idea but need to check a few things, was planning to convoy down with allegro at the crack of dawn but that sounds early to me....

There are some class 3 regulars besides myself, The McFarlanes, Grigsby, Allen Payne anyone else 🤔

rob *smile*

Guy

I can confirm what Mike is saying, I am happy to count your times towards our championship as well even though they have put you into your local championship class, I have competed quite a few times where times have counted for two championships at the same meeting.

Graham

Rob

I'm also playing in Class 3 this year, got myself some used ACB10's but not sure how competitive I will be (just like Class 2 last year then)

Graham

Edited by - Bacon Butty on 9 Apr 2003 08:42:23

Rob

I'm definately camping but may not get there until 8 - 9pm as I've got to do a derig at Millbrook on the way down.

Graham

Graham

Oooh! Wonderful, thanks!! Much appreciated.

Watch out class 2 then!

And what's all this sloping off to class 3 about eh?? Actually, just how good are those ACB10s? I always give myself a fright at the first sprint practice run going back to the 1a tyres after using only 21r's on the road!

See you Saturday, bright and early!!

Guy

NN 😳

Lotus @ Herts

Guy,

Don't forget that there are a few more in class C7 than on the regs, for one there is me, then my dad, and graham (with his upgrades). I don't think we are being moved so if it is a drying track it will be interesting *thumbup*

Rob

Ford: Engineered for life - built to rust!!