Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Source of xflow/Weber throttle cable?

Gridgway

I am looking for a replacement.  It's this on the Caterham Parts website and they don't have it.  Chris at Redline is looking.  Other than that, does anyone know if it's a Caterham specific part or came from a specific car?  I've looked at the Burton website and can't see one the same.  The hardware at the throttle pedal end is all captive as it were, so it's not easy to use a more generic one.  Besides I'd rather replace with an original.

Cheers

GRaham

IIRC the original is something like a Spitfire cable fitted the reverse way around. The last Caterham supplied cable I saw just looked like a standard 2ft universal cable with adjuster. The mounting block for the adjuster isn't spitfire so might be something else or a Caterham add on. If you want to make your own you should be able to get a cable or components from Car Builder and the like. The ends can be soldered on if you need to. I have a spare adjuster and mounting block if you need them. If you have a Weber underslung linkage then the Caterham cable needs cutting back and new carb end fitted in any case. 
Rob

Thanks for all the ideas, I do have a new and a spare now, so I am sorted.  Mind you there'll be no choc blocs in the vicinity of my 7! 

I did once use the cut down earth pin of a mains plug for and extra cable stop in a previous 7.  Just the square bit at the top with the hole and screw! *rofl*