Click here if you are having website access problems ×

** SOLD ** - 2005 R400 Spec S3 for sale

Howard Smith

My Brother in Law is selling his R400 "spec" Caterham as he is upgrading to an R500.

2005 1.8 K series with roller barrel throttle bodies in ballistic orange with black nose cone, excellent 6 speed box.

Timing done by Dave Andrews with Vernier Pulleys and remap by Steve at Track n Road in Rainham. Remapped for usability on roads as factory map for the track. By-product of an extra 10bhp, so a 420 in disguise. 5826 miles on the clock.

£25k wanted. Located in Huntingdon.

If anyone interested I will put you in touch with Paul, who can supply pics and has said you would be welcome to view and drive it.

MTK

#5:  To me, that spec looks more like R300K than R400K.  It would appear to be a Supersport-R, similar to my old 1999 car.

Power-wise, I guess the best evidence would be Steve's RR log. Is this available? An SS-R will be around 160bhp, whereas a true VHPD variant 190+.

JV 

Sorry for the delay in responding ... I didn't get any notification of comments.

If you'd like full spec and pics, can you contact Paul Mallinson on 07778 548779.

GP Sevens have also put it up in their site, but I think they just re-posted the old advert (Paul bought it from them) and it has had work done since they sold it.

https://www.gpsevens.co.uk/portfolio-item/caterham-r400-spec-roadsport-1-8-k-series-210bhp-6-speed-roller-barrel-2005-5750-miles-25995/

Cheers

This car sounds familiar as I believe that is was one I looked at in the summer of 2021.

If it is that car in orange with black nose cone (R400 spec car) then yes it is dry sumped and has had a ton of work done to it by Paul Matty sports cars prior to GP sevens marketing it, there was a huge bill to verify this.

I spoke to someone at PM and they described it as a very nice car that "gets down the road quickly"

It would be interesting to know if it is this car?

#8: Thanks for the extra info.  Well, that is definitely not a 160bhp SS-R! 

Looks like quite a car.  My only comment now is that, as it's not a genuine, numbered R400K, perhaps the price needs to reflect that?  OTOH, it has a high spec, so maybe there's a balance to be struck price-wise?

JV

Hi all, sorry i have not been visible in this conversation as the owner of the car but now i am :)

Ralph 45 is correct i bought this car in Oct 2021 from GP Sevens and yes bill with Paul Matty was £3k plus.

I have since had the timing done with Vernier Pulleys by Dave Andrews ( DVA Power) and had it remapped by Track n Road ( the infamous 2 Steve`s, now 210bhp and useable on the road) .

Car is phenomenal i am just selling to upgrade my "Caterham journey" now i have the bug :)

Yes the car is R400 "spec" and not a factory built R400 Superlight which basically means engine, suspension,braking and diff is R400 but no carbon on the bodywork or dash

Paul