Click here if you are having website access problems ×

C400 Diff

DarrenAshley

Guys, the saga of the C400 build in Sydney goes on, but we're close.

I am new to Caterham building. the car is a 2003 C400 which has been modified to fast race spec with a 6 speed sequential box, updated HP etc. 

I am trying to work out what the model of the diff is. I cant read the whole part number. Sure someone on here will know just from the pics. I am working on it whilst I replace the Dedion due to some cracks in the tube welds on the DeDion.Image1.jpeg.09519ee9e6ea682a6a460efcb78f623a.jpegImage2.jpeg.488b2c9a403170ac2115125b61a5eda2.jpegImage3.jpeg.fec813f8d8b3e02ca10b9408d40c967a.jpeg

Thanks in advance again!

The final drive on yours is a Sierra,there may be a small metal tab on the rear cover which will show the ratio normal is 3.92 for a 5 speed and 3.62 for a 6 speed.

As for LSD there are several options on that year and bearing in mind its been a race car many parts are frequently changed, most likely to be ZF (***which may or may not be a correctly set version) Quaife ATB or AP Suretrac.

*** initially the ZF were taken form road cars and rebuilt with 30/30 ramps and reduced preload circa 20lb'ft, some were used direct from road cars with 45/45 ramps and 65/70lb/ft preload which for a light car is way too much preload.

By popping a driveshaft out your can view the cross pin arrangement which will tell you, somewhere on here there are schematic pictures of the options, hopefully JK will be able to assist in posting a linky for you. *thumbup*