Click here if you are having website access problems ×

ECU replacement issues

Drakman

Hi Guys and Girls,

I am having a Haltech Elite 1500 programmable ECU fitted to my 2014 Duratech Roadsport 175 Caterham to replace the locked Lotus ECU.

The business doing the install tell me they have to "piggyback" the original lotus ECU to make it read the instruments but they can't get the water temp gauge to work.  Their answer is to replace the Caterham temp gauge with a Haltech digital temp/AFR gauge.  Now I can wear this so far, I would prefer not to have the piggyback thing and I would like to keep all the original gauges but it is what it is.

Now they tell me that the original locked, piggy backed, Lotus ECU is running the instruments and it can't find the engine sensors because the Haltech unit is now doing that which means the engine check light is on all the time.  Surely this can't be an acceptable thing, is there an answer to this issue?

Has anyone here had any experience with this sort of thing. 

Cheers
Dave

The lotus ecu drives the dash via can. The sensors if no longer connected to the lotus ecu will not give it anything to work with. The mil will be on as the ecu isn't seeing the sensors any longer. Your people need to leave the ecu connected as is and fit new sensors for the new ecu.