Click here if you are having website access problems ×

What dry sump tank system is this?

tompollock

Still refurbishing my 1990 C7 1700 Supersprint. Been to Arch to have the chassis leg repaired.  Lovely job, lovely people. Thanks for the good advice to go there rather than anywhere else.

Heater motor and ballast replaced - very toasty now! Replaced all the dodgy old dash switches which was well worth the effort. Repainted the corroding instrument bezels while I was at it so it now all looks as new.

Does anyone recognize the make of this dry sump system fitted to my C7?  I'd like to get the definitive instruction on oil filling level as advice seems to vary according to manufacturer. 

Another thing, when I did the oil change, the positioning of the holes in the baffles seemed to prevent the suction tube of my vac pump going right to the bottom of the tank, leaving some old oil still inside. Not ideal. Are you meant get the last bit out by splitting the top and bottom halves of the tank?

IMG_20221107_143756632_0.thumb.jpg.255d515a55cf0cc43f0d4b5ddf545878.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Tom.

Tom,

you wrote "I'd like to get the definitive instruction on oil filling level as advice seems to vary according to manufacturer. "

I have same (Pace) tank and have always been advised to have oil level just below the first visible plate (the one with the large holes in it) when engine is running at tickover.

This ensures good de-aeration of the oil in the DS tank.

Has worked fine for me and my x-flow for last 10+ years,

Dave.