Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Chassis / Body Assembly Guide?

JP

Although I am taking lots and lots of photos and labeling everything as I strip the chassis for my rebuild, it occurred to me that having an assembly guide to get from the state of a bare chassis with some body panels to a chassis unit in the state that it would arrive form Caterham if one purchased a kit could be quite handy.  This is not covered in my Assembly Guide.

Does one exist and if so could someone point me to a link please?  Mine is a 1999 imperial S3.

Cheers

James

There isn't going to be an assembly guide for something that they don't supply down to. The basic kit has quite a bit of stuff fitted that isn't described because it doesn't need to be. 
Just photograph it thoroughly and make notes. It's all fairly simple anyway 

Thanks all.  Lots of photos taken.  It's more a matter of having a structure to the approach for rebuilding that I was after to avoid those moments where you fit something only to have to remove it again to fit something else..

Jonathan - I've been going back through my issues of LF that have accumulated unread while the car was off the road.  There was a useful series in 2020 called "Lessons from the University of Hard Knocks"  by Phil Scown but this was not a chassis build-up guide, but more a list of issues to consider when rebuilding a car from a refreshed chassis.  Very useful series, but not a body tub assembly guide.