Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Any Car Battery - Buy or Borrow - Leics Notts Area

revilla

Looking for a car battery, any kind used so long as it holds a reasonable charge. Something I can pick up and charge this week! Preferably Leicestershire/ Nottinghamshire area.

I'm demoing my ECU remapping stuff at classic Rover show next weekend and just found out there's no power available. I want to run a small bench programing rig (12V) and have some spare capacity for my laptop (can get a 12V adapter). Bigger is better (within reason).

If anyone has a decent used battery I'd be happy to buy it for future use as I intend to do a few of these.

Cheers,

Andrew

Thanks for the offer Stephen, but I think I'm sorted now. Just bought myself a Clarke JSM350 jump starter power pack. As well as the jump starting capability, it has simultaneous 12V (to power my bench programming rig), 19V (to power my laptop) and USB (to charge my phone) outputs, so everything is covered. It's 18Ah capacity, and I've measured my laptop using about 1.5A and the programming rig, complete with a running ECU, using 0.3A, so it will keep everything going for quite a few hours (the laptop will run off its own battery for a few hours too).