Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Duratec lambda sensor

Doc007

It should be a standard sensor, likely Bosch or a Ford equivalent. The part number is etched into the body, just do a Google search on the number. My original sensor (R400D) was marked 0-258-003-229, available from many places, such as Opie Oils https://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-116266-bosch-lambda-sensor-0258003229-ls-3229-.aspx

It can be hard to see the etched number, a strong light and moving around the sensor a bit may be necessary.

They typically do come with a 4-pin connector that is compatible with the Caterham one, if you unplug your current connector, you can compare it with the connectors shown in the sensor images.

With my Caterham narrow band sensor, I swapped to a 5-pin wideband system and found the pins compatible with standard Econoseal pins, so if a different connector body is needed, the pins shouldn't need to be re-crimped.

Just checked and it looks like they are the same connectors! Ordered one from Opie Oils for roughly 1/3 the full price of the Caterham one. AND I Googled "Opie Oils discount code" and it came up with one for 15% off. Result. Thank you.