Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Raceline Duratec dry sump

Molecular--Bob

Hi All

Picked up a cheap Raceline dry sump kit off ebay, complete apart from the pump drive chain and oil pump sprocket. I plan to build it up on a spare rebuilt short-block that I have. Are these just the standard Ford parts or specific to the kit? Happy to go to Raceline if they are bespoke, but will reuse the short-block parts if they will fit as they are new.

Thanks

Ian

Although the oil pump is different internally, based on recent first-hand experience, the factory sprocket and chain assembly fit with no alterations.  One caveat.  Assuming this is an older dry sump, it might be worth calling Raceline to confirm there is nothing unique to that version.  I ran into an issue when rebuilding another Duratec with an early Raceline wert sump.  We discovered they made some design tweaks over the years, so some of the maintenance parts they initially provided did not fit.  

The sump is only 6ish months old, it was bought for a single seater project but the oil unions didn't work well with the lower chassis tubes so they had to go with an external pump solution, they just miss-placed the chain and sprocket in the rush to do the swap.