Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mounting carbon buckets lower?

MTW

Does anyone know if it's possible to remove the adjustable seat rails on the carbon buckets and mount the seats with solid non adjustable mounts and get the seat slightly lower? (Do the race cars mount the seats without adjustable runners?)

I already have lowered floors, and my head with a helmet on is pretty much in line with the roll bar, so ideally I would like to lower the seat slightly.

I have the seat back as far as it can go to fit in the car, so I don't need adjustable seat rails, so I'm hoping there might be someone who has used a different non adjustable  seat mount to fit the bucket seats that might be lower? 

FDE785B3-E825-416D-983B-688E39F0F6BE.thumb.jpeg.6d60806c5d672370b618b0d6415ef191.jpeg

• Leadership Team

The fixed runners are no lower (or only marginally) than the adjustable runners, although they're a lot lighter. The usual solution for this issue is to recline the seat by adding up to 25-30mm of additional washers under the front, sandwiched between the seat and the runners. This will push the seat base forward but your head will be quite a bit lower. You might want to make sure the pedals are as far forward as they can go if you're quite tall.