Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Cross Ply & Radial Tyres

chrisb

I know this has probably been asked a thousand times before, but whilst on the topic of tyres...

I am running AO21R's at present, for road use, and will probably continue to do so.

I bought a second set of wheels and tyres primarily for track use. They are currently shod with ACB10's with some tread left. I was just going to put them on, and let rip for a bit until they've had it, and replace with AO32R's.

My concern is all this talk about having the car re-set up due to the ACB10's cross ply construction. What effects will I see, if I don't have the car set-up specifically for these tyres? Is it safe? Just don't fancy going for a blat, and re-arranging the local dry stone walls!

Cheers,

Chris

Chris - basically you have a choice but what ever it will be a compromise *confused* for optimun tyre perfomance

If you are going to use 32's on them int he future it just isn't worth changing the setup IMO. They will be safe but be warned cold acb's on a slippery road are not that great

Last year I ran x-ply slicks on a raidial setting and they where fine ont he track, they did wear unevenly but as they where cheapo 2nd hand ones I didn't really care too much.

rob *smile*