Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Steering rack

John E

They should be the same Mark. I fitted an 8% one from an SLR onto my LA car last year. The only consideration is if it is wide track or not... if it is and you need standard track you can buy the rod arms separately from Caterham - this is what I did, btu I am not sure it is worth it cost wise.

Also, don't forget you will need new mounting blocks as well - they were not cheap.

Phil Waters

You mean you can drive these?

I thought it was just there to polish 😬

I took the opportunity to buy the bits whilst on a business trip to sunny Kent and yes the blocks are expensive at around £28 for two. The whole thing is a rip off but there ya go. The std rack is now 8% and it fits all types so Brian go for the one that will be for sale in a couple of weeks. I'm not sure that I fully understood the modification that you mentioned.

Run Baby Run

John

Thanks, to be honest I'm not sure I understand the mod having looked at it in greater depth.

F355GTS

how much were you looking for 🤔

My car is an early de dion (1987) and would seem to have a goodly number of transitional components from the live axle *confused* Since people come up to me and say "Oh, Live Axle then". That being the case I will probably have to purchase new mounting blocks. Still it is cheaper than a new steering rack or new side skins.

Cheers

Brian

John

YHM but I bolted.

Mark,

That will be fine. Bearing in mind recent expenditure I may not be able to take up your offer. My wife doesn't understand why one broken valve spring means that I have to buy 16 to replace it (Duplex, in case your doing the maths).

Cheers

Bri