Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1600 K-Series MegaGrad engine, available soon-ish

AntonyH

Hi all,

Reasonably soon I'm going to have a 1600 K-Series engine available and surplus to requirements (and, nowhere to store it).

A couple of years ago it came out of (I am told) a Megagrad car that went on to have an Ecoboost conversion.

As such it's a 1600 with solid lifters (again... I'm told... I haven't taken the thing apart!) and whatever other tweaks these engines have.

The Macmillan Motorsport label on the top and the fact key bolts are still wired / sealed suggest that it hasn't been altered since last built by Macmillan, although I have no solid proof of this.

It also has a non-standard sump (plug on the right hand side, which I'm led to believe is so kerb strikes don't tend to unwind the plug, which would ultimately be kind of bad).

Being a Megagrad it should put out about 150bhp which feels about right, although I haven't put it on a dyno.

Currently in our car while its 1800 gets a rebuild, runs fine as an engine; video can be supplied.

Also included will be the race clutch which it came with, which is pretty much an on/off switch and therefore reasonably horrible around town / at low speeds. Clearly you don't have to use that part...

Expressions of interest around the £1,350 mark welcome.

I do not have an exact availability date as yet, as this will depend on completion of the 1800 rebuild and reinstallation, but some time this summer seems likely.

If something disastrous happens to the 1800 (unlikely!) then this engine ceases to be available. Obviously.

Offering specifically here and to CL7C members only at this time.