Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Anti flash shield for K series distributor.

Paul Richards

• Area Representative

I am fitting a new distributor cap and rotor arm to my k series engine and noted that the plastic plate (known as anti flash shield) under the cap has a small crack. I can't remember replacing it so it's probably 22 years old so I thought I'd replace it as it can't be that much. How wrong was I? HERE
almost £50 *eek*

I think I'll stick with the current one unless someone has a new one lying around that they are happy to sell at a lower price. I'm sure someone could 3d print and make a killing.

• Leadership Team

From memory I'm pretty sure that when it's all bolted down it can't go anywhere so probably not an issue. In fact, with an Emerald already fitted you could probably go distrubutorless for not much more!

Stu.

• Area Representative

Stu. I've already decided to stick with it. Just amazed at the price, as was Chris Mintoft of Redline. It's not something he's ever stocked and I doubt he will be doing so in the future. 

• Area Representative

I was going to use existing and car runs fine but crack is worse than I thought. Ordered new from above but they have refunded as not in stock. Anyone got one lying around before I start saving up to purchase another.