Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Water Temperature Sender Unit Location CSR260

David aka Blue7

First run of the year and water temp gauge not registering which is probably the sender unit.  Looking under the bonnet this morning I seem to recall that this is the CSR260 sender unit but would appreciate confirmation from someone who has replaced one of these units?  Circled in red in the photo below

David

TempereaturesenderWatercoolant.thumb.jpg.53fae79e5d2be290adc617f915d1ca2c.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply Jonathan.  Great photo, my wires are identical colour.  Yes all electrics working fine but towards the end of last year the water temp readings were a bit erratic and I suspected the sender unit may be on its way out.  I have just tried loosening it and it wouldn't budge so warmed the engine up and managed to loosen it until coolant started to leak so I will wait until it has cooled down before going any further and maybe look for some coolant seal to spread on the thread.

Many thanks

David

While  waiting for CC to confirm that I would be ordering the correct replacement water temperature sensor via 'ask an expert / phone a friend' I decided to clean up the sensor positive and earth terminals and smear them with vaseline and would you believe that this has resolved the problem and the gauge is now working again!  Golden rule ... always check the simplest possible solutions first.

David