Click here if you are having website access problems ×

WANTED - Your K Series EU3 Maps!

revilla

As part of the work I'm doing on the K Series EU3, MEMS3 ECU, I'm trying to build up a library of Caterham K Series maps.

There are two reasons for this. Firstly, so that I can learn from. But secondly, and at this stage more importantly, so that I have a record of the different maps used which will allow me to support people in the futuie who might need replacement ECUs (even the SuperSport ECUs with the modified shift light functionality are actually standard Rover ECUs just flashed with different firmwares and maps, and all of the base ECUs are available for peanuts on eBay).

There are a few variants that I'm still short of:

• RoadSport 1.8 - Original Caterham Map
  • RoadSport 1.8 - Remapped
  • SuperSport 1.8 - Original Caterham Map
  • Anything Exotic!

For the RoadSport maps, I'm looking for stock Caterham 1.8s, non-SuperSport, non-VVC with their original ECUs. Most of the original Caterham ECUs seem to have part number NNN100752.

For the SuperSport map, I'm looking for a Caterham 1.8 that was supplied by Caterham as a SuperSport. As the EU2 ECU was not easily remapped, a lot of Caterham SuperSport 1.8 EU2s were actually supplied with 1.6 maps and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to wind up the fuelling, and I've seen this carried over to EU3 models as well. I already have examples of these maps, but I'm looking for the proper EU3 SuperSport 1.8 map supplied on later cars.

If anyone has anything more exotic that I haven't seen before, I'd love to see that too please!

Any commercial proprietary remaps I will only use for my own learning and will not distribute them freely.

These must be EU3 cars, with the coil packs on top of the plugs rather than distributors.

I don't need any more VVC maps.

If anyone has any of the above cars and would be willing to help, I'd be very grateful. Within a reasonable distance of Leicestershire I'd be willing to travel, it would just involve me plugging a cable into the OBDII port and reading the map off with a laptop. Literally a five minute job. I wouldn't write anything back to the ECU (unless you wanted me to) so there is pretty much zero risk. For people further away, if you would be willing to help I can stick a cable in the post and talk your through reading it for me with my free Windows software, it's very straightforward.

And if it helps make it worthwhile for you ... I can make you a plug-and-play backup copy of your ECU for future-proofing on the spot *smile*

Thanks,

Andrew

@7SW - Hi Fred, unfortunately all that turned out to be exotic about it was that it was a perfectly ordinary RoadSport map pretending to be a SuperSport!

@Orange - Thank you! Perfect, that's two out of the three that I was looking for. I'll drop you a private message now.

Andrew

Very happy for you to read/copy the map in my 1.8 K - it was remapped by Troy last year but there were limited changes. Car currently off the road in the garage and happy for you to pop over anytime if interested. 
Jon

Hi Andrew, you came to my rescue by fitting a new alternator for me when mine failed. You are welcome to check out my mapping if my Caterham is of interest. Unmodified 1.8K X Power. No idea if it's Roadsport or Supersport but was advertised as Roadsport when I bought it. No idea if X Power makes difference to standard mapping. I'm in Markyate, Herts, near Harpenden.

John at purethought dot co dot uk