Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Momo Model 26 QR Steering Wheel

Highlander

For Sale:

Momo model 26 280mm leather Steering wheel

SVA centre pad.

Virtually new.

Pre drilled for quick release boss.

Retails for £95.17 inc VAT (GPR web site)

Asking £70 (ono) plus £4-£6 Royal mail overnight insured special delivery.

I bought this wheel with my kit to get through SVA (and do a bit of the run in), and have replaced it with a suede version. It has had extreemly little use (circa 250 miles) and is in mint, as new, pristine type condition.

Will be shipped in original Momo box

Am interested in the Momo model 26 280mm leather Steering wheel.

Just have a few more (maybe silly *confused* ) questions :

Is it the same type of Steering wheel that you can find on the online store of the Caterham website for £111.63 ?

What's a 'SVA centre pad' ?

I guess the mounting boss is not included ?

If not, all I have to buy to make is QR is the Quick Release Steering Column Kit ?

Will it fit to a '96 1.4 K (LHD) ?

I'm willing to pay 80£ incl. delivery.

Slider@7 *cool*

P.S. I live in Belgium (important for your delivery costs !!!)

Slider,

It was a Caterham supplied wheel with the original kit, and the price sound about right.

You guess correctly, it just includes the steering wheel, the boss is now bolted to my new suede wheel 😬

I think you are correct about just needing the QR steering kit, but I don't know how much that is and how it differs from a fixed wheel kit, but I know a man that has just done it and will check with him.

If the QR wheel kit is the same, then I have no reason to suspect that it wont work on your LHD '96 K, (mine is a '03 1.6K). Although it may be worth sticking a post on tech talk to verify before you buy something that doesn't fit. I'd wouldn't want you to buy somethign from me that was no good to you.

I'll check the shipping costs, but I think that £80 inc shipping is probably in the ball park.

Edited by - Highlander on 1 Apr 2003 11:14:00

Dan,

It's not sold as such, but Slider has shown an interest and is checking compatability and I'm looking at shipping costs to Belgium which is about £18 so his offer stands at £62.

You are next in the queue. What's your offer?

• Leadership Team

Momo wheels drilled for the standard boss will also fit the QR boss - all you need is the QR column kit.

Highlander, my apologies for hi-jacking the thread, but when yours is sold, I also have a 280mm Momo type 26 for sale, but the older version without the SVA pad, ie. anodised centre, MOMO in yellow at bottom. Excellent condition. Retail price on the non-SVA version was approx £90.

Stu.

Edited by - sforshaw on 1 Apr 2003 16:41:29

Highlander,

I just informed with some friends who have a Momo steering wheel ... and there should be no trouble fitting it on a LHD car ... all I have to do is to buy a QR Steering Column kit (any ideas where to find it cheap ???) !

... So I'm defenitively interested ... please let me know how to finish the deal ...

Cheers,

Slider@7 *cool*

Slider@7 is looking into the bank transfer costs, if that's OK then it's probably of the market.

Failing that then it's still on the market.

Probably.

But having said that Daniel Smith is next in the queue, but hasn't made me an offer yet. So pinky, you're probably next in line.

I will post when it's sold, so until then it's still up for grabs.