Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Could anyone post a pic of the intertia switch terminals to bypass please?

JP

Hi all,

I'm going to pick up the 7 at the end of the week after 10 years in hibernation! *rotate*  It will be much easier to load on a flatbed if I can get it started.  Last time I tried to fire it up, it would turn over on jumper cables, but not fire and start.  There was no fuel smell and no sound of the fuel pump (there is fuel in the tank!).  I assumed that the fuel pump is dead - it might be - but I have since realized that it could be the inertia switch playing up.  I saw a post here about bridging some terminals on the switch connector to bypass it temporarily, but it would help enormously if someone had a pic that they could post or send me or point me to so that I can see what needs to be bridged.  Also if someone could tell me what size connectors they used, I can make up a wire in advance as I am on limited time on Friday.

Thanks in advance for any help.

James

Thanks WP.

Hi Jonathan - thanks - you kindly sent me the wiring diagram and wire colours guide a while ago, but the fuse and relay layout would be most welcome.  It's a 1999 1.6K supersport.  I do have the appropriate assembly guide (green plastic ring bound version) that I bought when I bought the car 20 odd years ago.  I'll check through that as well.  At the moment all I need to do it start it enough to drive it onto the flatbed.  Once it's out of storage I will then be able to go over it at leisure...can't wait...

Jonathan wins the prize for simplest problem solution of the day :-) Why didn't I think of that!

The pic of the plug above should help disassembly - yellow tab comes out first then there are barbs that are part of the black plug to ease (from the front) and the connector will pull out the back.

My car is a '98 supersport so similar era. Good luck with the recommissioning. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Ian