Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dashboard warning lights removal - 1992 Supersprint

bstark

This is the old style dash with the three warning lights mounted in a vertical row between the speedo and rev counter. 

Do they just pull out, or twist first, or do you need to unscrew from the back? I can't make it out due to the steering column and other gauges being in the way and don't want to start ripping things out to find they just pop out the front *smile* 

I'm not sure how they are "supposed" to come out, but my top (white) lamp holder has recently deceased and self-destructed. Chris @Redline is on the hunt for a replacement, but until then the loose bulb is rattling around the dash.

There is so little of mine left that I couldn't tell you if it was a front-loader, or if the lens cap clicks on to hold it all in place… you are wise to be cautious with the brittle plastic.  

If you are just trying to change a bulb you do not need to remove the coloured lenses. Just locate the bulb holder behind the instrument in question (just a metal tube). This should just pull out, complete with bulb.

The bulb is probably a bayonet type- just twist and pull - replace the bulb and reverse the process.

If the bulb is in the tachometer or speedo it may be difficult to get to the bulb holder. Either undo the arms behind the instruments completely and ease the instrument through the dash so that you can get to the bulb, or just loosen the arms and gently twist the instrument until you can reach the bulb holder.

I have just replaced all my  4w bulbs with 5w in an attempt to cure the internal condensation.