Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brakes 1992 GTS

Cat2017

Evening all

I am looking to service the front (disc) and rear (hub) brake callipers/ pistons on a 1992 GTS live axle.   Would anyone be able to advise on what make and where I can get the required service kit please?

Also, if anyone has the details for all the suspension bushes, that would be gratefuly received.  Caterham out of stock and several weeks lead in.

Many thanks 

Neal 

Hopefully Chris will be able to help with the bushes and brake bits you'll need. Presumably you'll need the nuts, bolt and washers as well.

The front calipers are Girling type 14 as used on the Spitfire - I've used Rimmer Bros in the past

https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID005768

Rears, assuming it's Ital, are BL parts bin - Again Rimmers, or Ang, can help

https://www.angclassiccarparts.co.uk/products/austin-morris-bmc/morris-marina-ital-allegro-maxi/brakes?qfs=1&p=1

The wheel cylinders are the same as the Spit and originally would probably have been 5/8" but common to change to the 3/4" (GWC1208). I'd normally get the shoes relined rather than buy new 

Here's the Caterham suspension lists if it helps

IMG_5071.JPG.d5b05b4b429d0358a49f3e7daad15304.JPG F

IMG_5070.JPG.0299948c62c9b6cafec42a399fdea5a5.JPG

Hi Neal,

No worries, try Chris first - he's the goto one stop shop for everything on older cars. To add to the above, if there's any problems with the bushes then it's only the shortened 636 and 2030 that are Caterham specific, the others are parts bin that can be sourced elsewhere if needed. Just looking at the Caterham lists from the Guide (without my head on it's side, thanks JK) I think they have the centre A frame bushes wrong - they're a pair of Y16. Also, if you have the additional top link and alternative roll bar fitted then you'll need an extra bush for the link that doesn't appear on the list - IIRC its a 2030 unmodified but Chris will put you right.

Spalding Fasterners and Kayfast are good fallbacks for bolts etc.

Robert