Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brake Pads

Beagler

Ferodo DS2500 work well on the back with the single caliper combined with the front APs. FCP408H should be the right fitment if you are using the LP507 Delphi pads as stock at the moment (it is for my 2012 R400D). The Ferodos give noticeably extra bite over the stock pads and don't take too much to warm them up, I use them for both road and track.

• Area Representative

During my Diff refurb I fitted Mintex Racing MDB1287 rear pads. A quantum leap on the standard Delphi LP507 as supplied by CC.

They appear to have improved the balance of the braking & stopping power. I have big brakes on the front with Mintex 1144 pads. 

• Area Representative

StevehS3 #9 - 'Dilemma' - what dilemma ?  Nudge, nudge. 

I am not sure what the advisory is implying apart from the pad facing is very high friction, beneficial for circuit or racing use. Then the pads should be eminently suitable for fast road use in a half ton vehicle ?

To get the brake balance correct I was willing to take the gamble.

So would the MoT Inspector notice this discrepancy - I doubt it unless he is a brake pad aficionado. The only instance that the advisory may bear any credibility is when the car is inspected after a road accident even then that may be only a faint possibility.

JV - I sourced my rear pads from Chris at Redline.