Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mirrors

david nelson

In the process of changing from a SLR cage to a roadsport cage and need to think about mirrors.

old set up was SPA convex central mirror with flat spa formula side mirrors. 

As the seven will have a windscreen not sure if I can still use the spa central mirror as not any room between screen and cage. 

The side mirrors are Ok but will be using doors. mounting SPA mirrors on doors will make adjustment very difficult. 

having looking at the options still not sure the best way forward. 

I would like a central mirror that is not on the screen so can have it for running an aeroscreen.

thought please

David 

I used to have my SPA centre mirror fitted to the cage with a 32mm stainless P clip. Can be a tight clearance between this and the windscreen and found off-setting it towards the passenger side helped. I seem to recall the thread inset in the mirror was NOT metric so had to search through my box of nuts and bolts to find one to bolt the mirror to the P clip.

Edited to say trimming the rubber P clip liner where it wraps around the outside of the P clip also helped. I think I still have the modified P clip I can post as the windscreen stays on and I use the standard mirror.