Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

EU3 1.8 K SuperSport - Info needed - Anyone on here got one?

revilla

I'm building some EU3 1.8 engines with SuperSport cams.

Dave Andrews tells me that EU3 1.8 SuperSport engines were rare, as most SuperSport cams produced didn't have EU3 cam sensor triggers (mine do), and that most later SuperSports either used the XPower engine with TF135 cams, or just had EU2 engines in a later chassis.

Does anyone on here have a true Caterham SuperSport, 1.8 EU3 (running standard MEMS3 ECU with what they believe are Caterham SuperSport cams)?

If so, I have two requests:

1. Could you tell me whether it has the standard K Series BLACK injectors fitted, or the DARK BLUE injectors used on the VVC/TF135?
  2. Any chance you would allow me to plug a laptop into your car to download the mapping as a starting point please?

Thanks,

Andrew

I may have a set of TF160 or equivalent injectors kicking around.. or you could increase the fuel pressure to delver the same fuel volume as the 160 injectors.. that's what Caterham did on any number of EU2 SS 1800 engines , the ECUs were calibrated for a 1600 and the fuel pressure increase kludged them up to cover 1800cc. That is why some SS 1800s have a different fuel rail and an adjustable FPR.

Oily