Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1,700 x/Flow for Sale

Gonzo

Gone Zetec - so I have a 1700 xflow sitting on my garage floor with the starter motor alternator and exhaust. The engine has a 254 cam with a ported and polished head - (11k miles)!

Give me a call - all reasonable offers considered (I'd like the bit of floor back!)

Nigel -0786 7807518 or 01344 488258

An off the wall question? I have been looking for a motor for my 7, '85 crossflow Sprint LC. In my pursuit of a motor within the USA I am left with a hundred less opportunities. My Idea would be to buy the motor in the UK and have in palletized and have it shipped to the USA. Any Comment on it? The Costs of the motor/transport are still less then the going prices when you can actually find a motor in the USA.

a question. What would the standard X/F 1700 Super Sprint go for? Lightly used. Just in the ballpark figures needed. Or if anyone knows a particular person/business that may help me find a motor?

Many Thanks.

Richard Gibson

Washington DC USA

Richard you are opening a big can of worms with an import. Living in D.C. you should be well aware of how government red tape can muck up best of plans. Cost to ship a crated engine to the east coast from the UK will run about $500. with duty, shipping, warehouse, and dock fees. How much could a good x-flow cost in the U.S.?

Contact me if you need more details.

Cheers!

In usa to find an already built crossflow 1700 (the 135HP) is about $3800.00 If you can find one. To build a 150HP one is going to cost $6000.00 Local machine shops are dodgy to british stuff. I could tell you horror stories on how they ruined a weber twincam head....There are a number of reputable builders in the US, most of them being on the otherside of the USA. SO shipping is still $$. $500 sounds fair to ship an engine from UK to USA. Question is 'I would not think there would be any problem about it as far as environmental/legality problems' I see good engines advertised over here in the 1500-2300 pound range. If I can find someone to help locate me an engine and we could manage to get it/pack it for usa....I think there would be enough money left over to give a good finders fee.

If anybody knows of someone I can be referred to please contact me at Barcorebar@aol.com

thanks,

Richard Gibson