Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Armrest closing pins

Doc007

I'm replacing the pins on my armrests as they are not "catching" on the tabs attached to the side skin to keep the door closed. I've got the replacement pins and the "popper" type fixings but can't press the two halves of the poppers together without denting the domed heads. Is there a special tool or technique for this? The domes are very soft. I have a popper/press stud "anvil" but there is no room to use this because the pin sticks up.
Any advice?

Thanks.

• 2 years later...
On 06/11/2021 at 22:49, Doc007 said:

I'm replacing the pins on my armrests as they are not "catching" on the tabs attached to the side skin to keep the door closed. I've got the replacement pins and the "popper" type fixings but can't press the two halves of the poppers together without denting the domed heads. Is there a special tool or technique for this? The domes are very soft. I have a popper/press stud "anvil" but there is no room to use this because the pin sticks up.
Any advice?

Doc007, I have a similar problem, where did you source your replacement pins?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This thread is a couple of years old so in the event that Doc007 doesn't reply I am considering using some industrial Velcro although finding a strong enough adhesive to glue the Velcro to armrest and panel may be a problem, but Gorilla is usually pretty reliable.  In another thread someone was going to fit magnets but there was no follow up as  to whether that solution was successful

Edited by David aka Blue7
  • Like 1