Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Trackday exhaust question regards 420R

KelvinH

A standard exhaust needs to pass IVA at 98db static, mine passed at 96db.  I believe brands may be a problem with drive-by, hence the trackday option, that said my 420R passed drive-by at Bedford, which is supposed to be the toughest.  I think it all depends on the location of the mics.

My 420R with RBTB and standard exhaust, passes at Brands Hatch every time (with bonnet cut out and foam filter).  Static reads 95/96 db at approx. 5,500 rpm. 

I also had no issues at Goodwood and Silverstone, but I did fail towards the end of a trackday at Donnington with a 99db drive by.  This was at the start of the Start/Finish straight, i believe this is where the mic is positioned!  So short shifted to 3rd sooner on the last hairpin and managed to get through the whole day!            

I've had no issues with mine at Silverstone, Donington, Bedford and Brands. Thruxton and Croft both an issue. At Thruxton it was only a static test and someone told me to just say it's a new engine and I'm only revving to 3000 for the day, that got it through but not worth the stress of finding out.