Click here if you are having website access problems ×

620S Camber Setup

LAPCAT

Hello,

Earlier this year purchased a 620S SV. It is on ZZS with 13in rims.

The car camber on the front is visibly aggressive backed up by the massive differential in tyre wear between the inside (canvas visible!) and outside (as new!) edges of both front tyres. The rear tyres much more even with only slight additional wear to insides.

I am in Scottish Highlands, fast vigorous road work, but no track.

What camber and toe (in?) settings would you recommend I adjust to, as a 'back to basics' point, especially for the front?

I have a good local garage (ex hill climb pilot) who will do the set up.

Thank you

Laurence

• Area Representative

Tracking: FRONT - 0 degrees 20 minutes +/- 10 minutes toe in.

Camber: FRONT - 1 degree 20 minutes +/- 0 degrees 15 minutes. (negative)  

REAR -   1 degree 30 minutes +/- 15 minutes (negative)

The maximum camber along with a small amount of toe out (10 minutes) will cause feathering of the tyre but looks like your settings have been wound passed the max recommended?

JK beat me by 4 minutes while I was typing !!

It sounds like you're on a setting that many race teams would recommend on track. On track I run 3-3.5 degrees negative, 1.5-1.75 on the road. I don't see any significantly uneven wear. 

Initially, when I went on track with the standard camber settings it knocked hell out of the offside shoulders, necessitating the tyres being swapped side to side after 1 track day. 

I'd check your toe in. Too much will wear tyres as you describe quicker than a camber error. 

Is the car a bit twitchy, does it tramline? Again IME, more affected by toe than camber. 

Tks to all who have posted.

Interesting that you mentioned the toe in because compared to my Sigma superlight I had before this car (which was on Nitrons that said), the 620 felt unsettled, not undriveable but figety. An earlier post of mine was asking about putting Nitron R1 on this car with that issue in mind

However I really am starting to suspect the toe angle for the wear and some of the feeling. 

The wear on fronts is pretty shocking - last owner defo did not track car but first owner might have and has been passed on in that set up (it has 7k on clock).