Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Nitron for 620S

LAPCAT

Hello,

Looking for some sound opinion and advice.

Last car was a 2007 Sigma superlight S3 (160hp) powered car on Nitron R1. It was my first car and probably underestimated how well it rode for fast road work in Scotland, no track work.

This year sold and bought a 2017 620S SV on standard Bilsteins. Yes the power is lovely but feel something has been lost for me on the feel overall. If I call it less settled and loss of tactile in corners it would describe well.

The question is whether placing the 620s on R1s to get some damping control would be a good move? Could I get some of that delicacy back or have i got the wrong car for that? (almost thought about changing to CSR which was my original target)

I have removed the rear exit exhaust and put on Raceco side exit, so no pipework underneath. No track days but still not too mega noise.

Thank you

Laurence

I spoke with Simon in August about my upcoming build which will have power levels about midway between the 420 and 620. My concern wasn't ride quality but traction on less than perfect pavement.  He recommends softer spring rates than fitted by the factory with the bigger difference in the rear rates.  He also suggests a mix of digressive valving and progressive springs for road use.  He's a very knowledgeable and helpful person.  Might be worth your time reading this buying guide PDF on his website then calling him to discuss your specific needs. https://www.raceshocks.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Sportscar-Suspension-Recommendations-July-2021.pdf.pdf

-John