Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Leaking Brake Fluid Resovoir

Mobile Mike

Hi enthusiasts,

I hope you can help. I recently purchased a 2016 Caterham SV 420R from Caterham South. I have taken it out on 1 track day. There was a brake fluid leek. Unfortunately this has hit the paint work and caused some considerable damage. 

I took the car back to Caterham and they have told me it is common for fluid to leak out of the cap when the car is being driven hard and that there is no "Broken Part" that would lead to a valid warranty claim. 

This to me sounds unlikely. 

Do these caps leak brake fluid, and should I put up with this as an explanation, or is this a defect and I should be insisting that the warranty rectifies the damage to the paint work?

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Mike.

Mine leaked from new. I tried the sweat band thing but after a track day it still managed to leak past and strip the paint off my side skin.

I did mention the problem but was told it was the first time they had heard of it.

Just get a race cap and cable tie the level sensor out of the way.

did mention the problem but was told it was the first time they had heard of it.

By complete contrast when I picked up my first Caterham a few years back I was warned of the problem and at the time was given a Racing Cap foc!