Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

O/T Turbo Diesels

allen

The isuzu may drive better but the parts prices are just phenomenal. My sisters Combo van needed a new starter. I thought the cavalier 1700 was the same, apparently not, VX starter 150ish, isuzu starter £350.....

Luckily we found a back street garage who pulled the starter apart and managed to fit some scrounged parts in and it worked again...

The rover 418TD is the Pug unit which gets good press, v durable.

Another underrated car is the Citroen ZX TD, very capable, not that flimsy, actually pretty good to drive, esp the Volcane model.

Bob

French Diesels are pretty reliable. I run Citreon diesels. But they are the same as Peugot.

My old BX did over 140K on it's engine and was still going strong.

I currently have a 2L Xsara diesel which has plenty of poke (for a tintop) and good economy at c. 45 motorwaying.

Turbo diesels tend to have lower BHP but higher torque than the equivalent petrol engine so buy slightly larger than you think you want.

Tintop is fine but it feels lardy, woolly and boaty when compared with the 7. 😬 *mad*

Thanks for the advice, though some of it contradictory *confused*

It looks like I am collecting a Citroen ZX Volcane 19TD tomorrow, had it looked at by a mechanic and he says it's OK, so I think I'm sorted *smile*

Thanks peeps *thumbup*

☹️ Volcane wasn't as good as I thought, funny noise from the front on tight left hand bends, looked at another that was a minter except for a slipping clutch *thumbdown*

Went back to the auction today and got a bargain (wasn't what I was looking for at all, but found myself bidding on an N reg pug 106, 1500 deisel. which I got for £950). As sluggish as I expected but a bargain and it'll do for a while till I find the right TD *thumbup*

geez.. that's discouraging.. Isuzu bits are V cheap here in N America.. must be some convoluted "protect the Local Industry" taxation involved OR the Agents are simply disgustingly greedy.