Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Unusual sightings

Golf Juliet Tango

1 hour ago, wild bill said:

I had one of those BX's once. Cracking car to push on with

Me too... had a BX 1.9GTi estate as a company car… surprisingly good with a typically French compliant ride over speed bumps!

Just now, BigCol said:

... had a BX 1.9GTi estate as a company car… surprisingly good with a typically French compliant ride over speed bumps!

I was once very close to buying the estate. But I guessed that the salesman-model not-in-the brochure Cavalier would be more reliable. 

Jonathan

1 hour ago, Jonathan Kay said:

I was once very close to buying the estate. But I guessed that the salesman-model not-in-the brochure Cavalier would be more reliable.

I enjoyed the Cavalier estate I borrowed from a colleague (in a different job to above) but when I got promoted, I was able to negotiate an Astra GTE rather than a Cavalier GL - so much better for London streets

Oh, those were the days, when I drove from Ealing to Elephant & Castle then around London each day… 😳

On 21/07/2024 at 07:08, GerardB said:

Name that car!

IMG_0447.jpeg

Speaking of finding a car in the wild…

My wife has decided she wants to relive our early years and get herself a Twin Cam Europa. She heard of a great deal, a one owner car that was in the process of being put back together after a full refurb when the owner took ill. He later passed and the car has just sat in the garage. It was picked up by a chap who was intrigued by this little British sports car he’d never seen before. He said he’d had it for about a year. He thinks he has everything in five bins except the dash and all the paperwork. The widow was supposed to get all the missing bits together for him. So we went to look at it…

TCS 1.jpg

TCS 4.jpg

TCS 6.jpg

TCS 7.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...