Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Reverse light & New Caterham Light Kit

Ralph

John / Jonathan

Had to remove the tunnel cover so I had access from both the top and bottom of the gear box.

Fitted a new 2 Pin Switch to gearbox and undid the loom in the tunnel next to the gear box.

Used a multimeter to identify the wires and connected at follows.

1.Cut green live wire (Original feed for the old reversing light) fitted bullet connector

2.Cut original connector from Green Brown Wire fitted bullet connector

3. As suggested by Jonathan I connected the green/brown to the green wire on the new loom.

Thanks to all for helping me with this as I NOW HAVE A WORKING REVERSING LIGHT !

Ralph

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

Hi Jonathan - just posted the below image on another thread - mine is a 2023 supplied kit. As you can see, the switch has two terminals and I believe that when reverse is selected, it simply connects the two terminals together. Unsure if this is ground or live.

IMG_4537 Medium.jpeg

1 minute ago, Jonathan Kay said:

Are those Green/Black and Green/White from the loom?

Yes they are - you can just see the loom tie-wrapped to the gearbox housing and disappearing off the bottom of the picture.

On 25/06/2024 at 12:00, AlastairA said:

Hi Jonathan - just posted the below image on another thread - mine is a 2023 supplied kit. As you can see, the switch has two terminals and I believe that when reverse is selected, it simply connects the two terminals together. Unsure if this is ground or live.

IMG_4537 Medium.jpeg

Could you possibly clarify something for me?  Are the two white connectors actually connected to anything?

Mazdagearbox-reversingswitchwiring.jpg.310ad4a35fb5da638b56a5dac83b063e.jpg

5 hours ago, AlastairA said:

No - not connected to the loom John.

They connect via the visible blue wires to a switch within the gearbox which provides a "Neutral" indication.

Ah, so that's not the reversing-light switch, then?

JV

Posted (edited)

No the reversing light switch is the one closer to the engine bay - green/white and green/black loom wires in the photo that connect to the blue wires which disappear into the gearbox.

Edited by AlastairA

23 minutes ago, AlastairA said:

No the reversing light switch is the one closer to the engine bay - green/white and green/black loom wires in the photo that connect to the blue wires which disappear into the gearbox.

Thanks.  I've learnt something there. (I've no experience of the Mazda box at all.)

JV