Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Feel at the rear, the difference between the 420R and 620R.

CtrMint

So I've been under the 420R this evening for a nut and bolt check and then out for a rip both up the mountain and on some poorly surfaced roads.  I've certainly thrown the car around, way too much fun too.  I do believe the rear feels much better, the sensation is gone, plus the rear feels more stable, sort of level if that makes sense.

Did I find something on the check, yep I sure did.  On both sides the front radius fixing wasn't to spec, it wasn't loose but no way near spec, I could tell as soon as I put a spanner on.  I've had both seats out and torqued them to spec.   

Think the prize goes to Neil *drink*

Thanks again to all.

Hi Mark,

Hopefully you won't take this the wrong way, if you do I will buy you a beer at our next meet ! but could this be considered a 1st world problem for a lot of Caterham owners !!! (comparing the handling of my 420R and 620R)

Sorry to miss you both on the Chippy run next month, hopefully we can catch up soon.

Mrp

Haha, yep true 1st world problems.  Though I'll still take that drink.

Of course the real test would be turning up to the same track day with both cars and seeing how the driver gets on.   That's never going to happen but would be an amazing comparison.