Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Re: 40h Anniversary Sticker

Hugo Szoldra

I had a whole new set made Nigel. I had to replace the stripes on the back so changed the side and rear stickers too. The originals were black, I think white looks better! Alistair also did me a new gear knob! I've used him for other stuff in the past too. 

I fitted the LED rear lights today. Not too bad a job but the usual CC foibles, like bits that need to be used which aren't mentioned in the instruction video and gaskets that with a little bit more effort could be infinitely better! But they work well and look fine. 

Still thinking about how to tidy the harness; don't fancy drilling 3 more holes in the chassis tube as they suggest.  There're already about 6 holding the original plate light and it's wiring on and the new light called for 2 more, which I avoided. It would be like a sieve! If the connector on the new reverse/plate light had been a little slimmer the whole harness could go over the fuel tank and below the floor. 

Anyway back on topic, AW's the man, seems to be able to make most stickers and badges! 

I'm glad you managed to fit the LED lights Peter. It sounds typically convoluted though, it takes me back to when I built my first Caterham! There were a variety of occasions where the reality of the build wasn't really adequately covered by the assembly guide!  [Rolleyes]

I'm glad you're pleased with the results though, do you have any pictures?

I think they do it on purpose! Apologies about the surroundings! 
Im pondering removing the connector to the plate light, feeding that up to the top of the tank, refitting and running the loom up there instead of across the bottom in all the dirt. No drilling then! 

DD71F7D0-A060-4E05-8048-3346D85FB259.thumb.jpeg.4d581c1b9a11d7772147bfa498126d1f.jpeg