Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

clear lenses/bulbs

pkw2704

so just fitted a set to the rear of the car and love the look.not too happy with the glow from them,apart from going the full LED cluster which my budget wont go to ,can i improve what i have ,do they do led bulbs in red/orange ? or brighter ones

IMO the clear lenses regardless of type of bulb (incl. the Caterham LED coloured fitted bulbs ) are pants in certain lighting conditions / bordering on dangerous having observed many examples . It's the first thing I changed on my current car.
You're better off with clear led bulbs in the original coloured lenses  if you don't go the "full" led  (JAL or Caterham) route.

I have the factory clear lens pack on my car, and once when I was pulling off into a petrol station (indicating and braking) a guy on the main road behind beeped at me and yelled "no lights" out of the window. The way he roared off up the road made me think he was just a ****, but it does kind of make the point that the rear lights aren't great...

Agreed - LED bulbs can be very variable in performance. 

On the left a filament bulb and on the right some cheap LED from fleabay...

PXL_20210607_074547655.thumb.jpg.90c1bfb311ff4251d24aff7aca9dc70a.jpg

On the left the same filament bulb and on the right a decent, and more expensive, LED from a Amazon supplier...

PXL_20210607_074819823.thumb.jpg.8e3c962a1d6a5fa01a62c2ed1fd72c74.jpg

Not all LEDs are made equal.