Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Headlamp bowls - sidelight

Bob Shelley

I have just got hold of new headlamp bowls as I had a cracked glass in one of the originals - 2008 car. The originals have a 20mm dia hole for the sidelight grommet and bulb. The new ones have a 13.5mm dia hole. Anybody know if the sidelight arrangement needs changing or I need different replacement bowls?95E14AF0-E298-4D09-8EAE-8F96E7207638.thumb.jpeg.0ccc5cbcf380f7d6ca44295699076a94.jpeg

Seven headlights seem to be supplied with a grommet to retain the bulbholder whereas classic mini's had a different arrangement - perhaps your new headlight is designed for these? When I googled there are rubber alternatives to the metal claw clip type.

Do some research on hole size for the classic mini sidelight bulb holder as I'm not 100% sure this is your solution.

0FD135DB-5E0E-4F84-A1F9-32BA4BAE74B6.jpeg.0ef053fea9223a623156372238f192eb.jpeg

• 6 months later...
  • Area Representative

hi there,

I have exactly the same headlamps that I am trying to replace. Has anyone found a source for the correct grommet to fit the sidelight holder, or do i have to replace the actual bulb holder?

Cheers Iain

This is a coincidence, I placed a 'wanted' last week for sidelight bulb holder/grommet along with the rubber headlight covers, alas to no avail. The mini type holder looks good. I ended up wrapping tape around the original plastic bulb holder and 'shoving' it into the hole.